After my PTA Carnival days ended approximately 4 years ago, I vowed I was finished with the carnival planning “business” (you’ve heard what volunteers get paid, right?).
BUT…Coach and I are super excited about chairing the 2017 Tulsa Walk to End ALZ, and it’s time to really begin our Walk efforts so we are kicking off the fun in the best way we know how: a party at the football field ❤️💛💙💜
We’ve already confirmed with several Walk teams and Walk supporters to join us for the fun:
- a local radio station to provide live music
- Barre 3 Tulsa will be teaching a free community class in the south end zone
- our TU Spirit Squad will be on hand giving out free t-shirts and Golden Hurricane goodies
- my Tulsa football boys will be on the field passing the ball and teaching impeccable touchdown technique with the kids (of all ages)
- there will be more than one fun photo opportunity to enjoy
- Verdigris High School Softball Team wants to see just how fast you can pitch a baseball or softball with their handy radar gun
- the Cascia Hall Cheerleaders are setting up sidewalk chalk for everyone to dazzle us with their creations
We will offer a very reasonable dinner purchase (I’m thinking a BBQ plate or hamburger basket), water and soft drinks, and definitely some sweet treats like maybe an ice cream stand or son-cone truck. Or a CAKE WALK – that would be perfect!!
And, of course, there will be help on hand to get you registered for the 2017 Tulsa Walk to End ALZ. You are always welcome to join our team (TEAM SANDRA JEAN), or you can start your own. We will also have information about the many services and programs available to help those you love who are dealing with Alzheimer’s. You are not alone, and we want to make sure you know what assistance is out there and how to access it!
Let me know if you have a Walk team, church or neighborhood group, civic or social organization, company or business that would like to participate in our kickoff carnival. Hey, I’ll take individuals and families and flocks of friends – anyone who wants to help out is greatly appreciated!! We are open to all kinds of fun booths and games to attract and entertain the community.
My vision is BIG, so come one, come all, and let’s have some fun!
Love and hugs,
PS: Please like and share our Facebook event to help advertise the fun: 2017 Tulsa Walk to End ALZ Kickoff Party – June 21st