Common question to Coach: Which game have you circled as THE game you want to win this year?
Coach’s standard response: The next one on the calendar.
That makes perfect sense as there is no need for him to worry with winning a later game until we’ve taken care of the most immediate game.
But I’m not the coach…I am the coach’s wife, and I do have one particular game circled on my schedule.
In fact, if you can only get to one game here in Tulsa this year, I’m asking that you make it the New Mexico game on Saturday, September 23rd for our 3rd Annual Alzheimer’s Awareness Game.
Three is my all-time favorite number. I was born on the third, I have three precious loves in my home, and sets of three always seem to balance in a most perfect, harmonious way. In light of my admiration of all things three, I – no, WE – are going all out for our third Alzheimer’s Awareness Game.
- Festivities for the day begin with the 2017 Tulsa Walk to End Alzheimer’s right on the University of Tulsa campus. The party kicks off at 7:30 am with entertainment and booths and programs and fun, and then the actual Walk begins at 9 o’clock. Registration to participate is free, and we’d love for you to join Coach’s team in honor of his mom: TEAM SANDRA JEAN. Visit www.TulsaWalk.org to sign up and find all the details.
- After the walk it will be TIME TO TAILGATE!! I love spending the day with family and friends prior to the game. My cousin, Cody, is always in charge of the meat; my favorite is when he grills fajitas right on-site! My Angel Girl has to have her Tailgater Sliders, and I don’t believe it is a party until there is a dessert or two on the table, especially my Sopapilla Cheesecake!
- Next up? BEAT NEW MEXICO!! I typically pack up the tailgate and head into the stadium to watch a little pre-game an hour before kickoff. I like to catch a glimpse of Coach down on the field, and I like to be settled in my seat before the national anthem. Hearing “The Stars and Stripes Forever” in a sport’s stadium gives me cold chills. Even after all these years and hundreds of ballgames, it brings tears to my eyes every single time, and I hate missing that experience even once.
Without a doubt, we want you – WE NEED YOU – at every game this season. Our boys won 10 games last year, we were victorious in a fabulous bowl game in a very convincing fashion, and we set a national record that landed us right in the College Football Hall of Fame in an “instant classic” type of way. Our games are fun, affordable, and a treat for everyone to enjoy.
But if you have to put your tickets in order of priority, please put Saturday, September 23rd at the top of your list. Here is everything you need to know:
- All Tulsa Walk to End Alzheimer’s participants will have access to discounted game tickets, so please take advantage of that special offer! (It will arrive in an email confirmation after you complete your Walk registration.)
- Premium tailgating spots are also available to Walk participants in a 1-game, discounted package, so be sure to check that out at www.TulsaHurricane.com as well. You can always call 918-631-4688 or read here for customer assistance.
- This year’s ALZ game t-shirt is now ready to purchase online, and 25% of the sale of every shirt will be donated to TEAM SANDRA JEAN. We have adult and youth sizes available, so order plenty for all your friends and loved ones: click here to order. We can’t wait to see everyone wearing them as we raise awareness and funds to fight this tragedy and #tackleAlzheimers together!
I can’t wait to see you there!
With love and hugs,