Apple Roast with Cooked Carrots
- 3 lb. Boneless Beef Chuck Shoulder Roast
- 1 lb. Carrots, peeled and cut in 2-3″ pieces
- 1 large Onion, sliced
- 6-8 Apples, cored and sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 c. Beef Broth
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Season Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- Cut Roast into small chunks (about 2-3″ each).
- Spray inside of Crock Pot with cooking spray, and place Roast, Carrots, Onion, and Apples inside.
- Pour Beef Broth and all seasonings on top of meat and vegetables.
- Stir and cover.
- Cook on low for about 8 hours (meat should be a rich brown and carrots should be soft).
I like to serve this on a bed of rice which I cook according to the package and doctor up with butter and sugar. I also like to add other sweet fruits such as plums (shown in the photos) and peaches when I have them in the fridge needing to be used up in a hurry. The natural juices make a great gravy to pour over the top…
SonShine likes to mop his plate up with several soft, warm dinner rolls!