Aunt Ashley’s Smothered Steak
- 2 lb. Cubed Steak
- 1/2 c. Flour
- Season Salt
- Gallon-sized Ziplock Baggie
- Vegetable Oil
- Yellow Onion
- 4-6 White Potatoes
- 2 Boxes Beef Broth
- Large Skillet
- Toss Flour, Season Salt, Salt, and Pepper with Cubed Steak in the Ziplock Baggie until meat is well-coated. (I just poured in seasoning until it looked good to me…sorry.)
- Heat Vegetable Oil in Skillet over medium heat (enough to cover the bottom of the pan to about 1/2 an inch).
- Brown Cubed Steak in Skillet on each side until golden (and kitchen smells great).
- Drain excess grease.
- Slice Potatoes and Onion.
- Put Steak, Potatoes, and Onion in Skillet and cover with Beef Broth.
- Season again with Season Salt, Salt, and Pepper to taste.
- Simmer for about an hour or until Potatoes are soft.