Aunt T’s Dorito Salad
This is the easiest, but greatest, Mexican salad passed along to me from my Amazing Aunt T…my family thanks her for that each-and-everytime I throw it together!
- 1 Head of Lettuce, washed, dried, and torn into salad pieces
- Medium Can of Ranch Style Beans, rinsed and drained
- Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, washed and cut in half
- Green Onions, chopped (maybe 1/4 to 1/3 cup…it’s a judgement call)
- Catalina Dressing
- 1 cup Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese (normal ol’ cheddar works, too)
- 1 bag Nacho Cheese Doritos
- Prepare veggies as mentioned above. Dry everything pretty good so the leftovers last longer (no one like soggy salad!)
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, beans, tomato, and onions.
- Drizzle a little Catalina Dressing over the veggies and mix well. Add more Catalina until the salad is coated, but not drenched.
- Stir in Cheese.
- Just before serving, stir in a couple handfuls of Doritos. I like to put the rest of the chips in a basket on the table…they are perfect for helping scoop salad on a fork ; )