Mexican Cheese Soup
I found this recipe in a booklet of perforated recipe cards published by Crock Pot. You can tell by the grease stains that it has earned it’s kitchen stripes…
- 1 pound processed cheese, cubed
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (I leave this out ’cause I’m a wimp)
- Spray inside of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients and stir a bit.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or on HIGH for 3 hours.
- Serve with a spoonful of sour cream (if you like sour cream, which I do, but my family does NOT), a little extra grated cheese, and a handful of tortilla chips.
So easy. So good.